March 6, 2013

2 Years

Tomorrow is my 2 year stroke anniversary.  I was told that there will come a day when I don’t think about the stroke anniversary.  Well, that day is certainly not today.  So, I’m getting the hell out of Pittsburgh.  I don’t want to be anywhere near Pittsburgh tomorrow.  So I’m going to Florida to visit my friend Vicki.  Here’s the view from my apartment right now……

view apartment

Here’s where I’ll be tonight…….

vicki backyard

Read more from Miscellaneous
  1. Mar 6 2013

Congratulations! Enjoy your day, its a special day to celebrate you and how far you have come. I actually forgot my “anniversary” this year…it can happen. Enjoy your time in the sun…looks inviting!

2. Mar 6 2013

But Amy, those blades of grass in Florida don’t look very challenging to walk amongst. Challenge is the way to recover. I’m sure Yoda said something like that. I don’t remember when my anniversary is anymore.

• Mar 6 2013

Vicki lives 4 minutes from the beach so I can do my gait training on sand, that’s pretty challenging.

3. Rudy Dankwort
    Mar 6 2013

Have a great trip!
    So what are your symptoms that still bother you after two years?

• Mar 6 2013

Balance, coordination, and speech, and tremors, and ataxia. They’re nothing like they used to be though.

• Rudy Dankwort
        Mar 6 2013

No dizziness? Did that go away when?

• Mar 6 2013

No it didn’t go away. I still have dizziness, it’s a lot better though.

4. Mar 6 2013

Have a great trip!
    Today is my birthday–3 years ago I was “celebrating” it in the hospital. Each year brings more recovery, and more ability to enjoy life.

• Mar 6 2013

Thanks. 🙂

• Mar 6 2013

Oh and happy birthday!!!!

5. Mar 6 2013

Whoooooooo hoooooooo! Love you so much and know we are going to have HAPPY memories of this day!

• Mar 6 2013

See you in a few hours, I can’t wait to get away from this snow!

6. Adrienne
    Mar 6 2013

Good for you for going to Florida! Sunshine is always very mentally healing. I can’t believe it’s been two years, cousin. I’m proud of you.

7. Mar 6 2013

Happy Anniversary. 🙂 I’m so glad you’ll be enjoying the sunshine. So much better than where you were two years ago!

• Mar 7 2013

Thanks, I’ve come a long way in 2 years, sometimes I have trouble seeing it though.

8. There will come a day when you don’t think about it. I’m nearly 14 years post-stroke, and my anniversary really isn’t that big a deal anymore. Enjoy yourself and celebrate how far you’ve come!

• Mar 7 2013

Thanks Sarah I’ll try to enjoy myself. 🙂

9. Mar 6 2013

Soak up the sun and bring it back North. It will be two years for me next week. I struggle thinking it was one year, or was it three? It really is two, I am 80% sure, My timeline is still messed up.

• Mar 7 2013

My timeline is pretty spot on, I know everything that happened when it happened. I also know everything that SHOULD have happened but didn’t.

10. Mar 7 2013

Nice work, getting away. my husband and I have a ritual on my anniversary: I do something physical that I haven’t done before – walking on sand was my goal one year, walking t – and then we eat at the same fabulous restaurant. the date is engraved in my psyche and I will never ignore/forget it.

• Mar 7 2013

It’s engraved in my psyche too. I don’t think there will be a time when this day doesn’t have meaning for me.