October 2, 2013

Smart People

Anyone that hasn’t had a stroke you know what a stroke is?  A stroke eff’s up some part of your brain.  Even after a stroke that f’d up some brain all of the people here that I’ve gotten to know…..each one of you individually is one of the smartest motherfuckers I’ve ever met.  What the hell?  Why does a stroke only attack really really smart people???

Read more from Miscellaneous
  1. Jim Sparks
    Oct 2 2013

Yay! I’m the first to comment on Amy’s latest post. I know the answer to your question, but I’m not going to tell. I’m going to let all those not as smart as me try to figure it out.

• Oct 2 2013

LOL!!! Good answer!!!!!!

2. Oct 2 2013

Its just a way to allow the stupid people to feel good about themselves.

• Oct 2 2013

We are a rather extraordinary group, aren’t we? Even our pets are brilliant.

• Oct 2 2013

Seriously! Yes, extra-ordinary.

Oct 3 2013

Yes, ALL stroke survivors must be brilliant, and recognized by the medical establishment as brilliant. Why else would a neurologist have asked me to factor a quadratic equation?

• Oct 3 2013

My neurologist asked me to explain the mathematical basis of Einstein’s theory of relativity. I was unconscious at the time but I was still able to do it.

Oct 3 2013

By dog is living proof that smart and cute are not genetically linked. And he’s the cutest dog in the world.

• Oct 2 2013

Did you ever watch Malcolm in the Middle? I’ll never forget this……one time Dewey was playing with Legos or something and built a city and he told his father…..”in this city we’re going to grind up the stupid people for food.”

3. scottg
    Oct 2 2013

Me, extra-ordinary stupid. I’ve made so many bone-headed mistakes in the past four years it’s a wonder I’m still alive. Examples: fallen down stairs, dropped boiling soup, stumbled into traffic, cut my hand using a sharp knife with my stroke-affected hand, and boxes dropping on me from reaching too high. Just hope Dewey with his meat grinder doesn’t see this.

• Oct 3 2013

Nah, stupid people don’t know that they’re stupid. Ignorance is bliss. You’ll escape the meat grinder…

Oct 3 2013

And we’re introverts too.

• Oct 3 2013

Even our pets are introverted.

Oct 3 2013

Not mine – he’s a people-dog, loves laps and licks everyone he doesn’t hate.
        And my last cat used to come when we called her.

• Oct 3 2013

Yeah I would say my dog is so not an introvert. The kitty is though.

• scottg
      Oct 3 2013

I think my cat’s dead.

• Oct 3 2013

Are you being serious?

Oct 3 2013

I think Scott might be offering proof that your hypothesis is wrong.

• Oct 3 2013

Oh ok LOL I get it now. 🙂

• Oct 3 2013

Kind of ironic that you had to explain a comment to me on a post about smartness!!!!

5. Oct 3 2013

Because we use too much brain power. lol

• Oct 3 2013

Yeah I guess that was selfish of us. We had to blow out some brain.

• Oct 6 2013

…just to be “normal.” We just popped a gasket.
        My cardiologist suggested I get a MENSA tutor to recover my 150 IQ score, but right now there are more important things to recover.

Oct 3 2013

I can rarely figure out where to respond to a previous comment so that the conversation is in the appropriate order. Smart, you say?

• Oct 3 2013

LOL yes I stand by statement. You, Barb, are very smart.

Oct 3 2013