October 6, 2013

If I’ve offended anyone……….

I was told last night that some things that I’ve said might have offended someone.  Listen, my entire life was COMPLETELY and utterly f’ed up at the age of 30 by incompetent physicians so suffice it to say I have a little bit of anger towards the profession as a whole.  And this screw up happened before I was married or had kids or anything and got the opportunity to “start” the life that I wanted.  And not only that, but I was in a really bad relationship that no one knew was really bad and that most of the world thought was perfect.  I have certain opinions about things that I will not apologize for if they offend someone.  Read at your own risk.  This is a blog, it’s not a medical website.  This blog has kinda taken on a life of its own but all I want to do is just give out a little bit of information and make people laugh.  When I vent about the medical profession please don’t take it too seriously.  I used to be a part of the medical profession and probably will be again someday.  If I offend you…..then I guess you’re gonna be offended.

Read more from Miscellaneous
  1. Oct 6 2013

Don’t stop offending people, especially if they are doctors. They deserve all the offense we can dish out. I’m offended that someone so weak-skinned doesn’t know what a blog is for.

• Oct 6 2013

Dean, There are plenty of people who will openly criticize someone else and don’t have the courage so say what is really on their mind. They get their jollies off by doing it.

My hide is made up of elephant or shark leather from decades of dealing with people like this. You got to remember Amy is just a babe in the woods compared to us old timers. (grinning)

• Oct 6 2013

I’ll never stop, I offend people daily. It’s an innate characteristic of mine and I like it. It’ll never change.

2. Oct 6 2013

I used to be a part of the medical profession and my husband still is. You vent away! There is a lot to vent about. This is your space and people can chose not to visit. Use your forum and your voice as you see fit. You and the others (they know who they are) have changed my life for the better. Never take prisoners! Eat your dead! By Grapthar’s (sp?) hammer we (sic) shall be avenged!

Oct 6 2013

GraBthar’s hammer (cap shows spelling correction). Can you tell I was an editor for 15 years?

• Oct 6 2013

Thanks for the correction. Galaxy Quest – one of my absolute favorite movies. Should be required watching for all stroke survivors.

• Oct 6 2013

What’s Grabthar’s hammer?

• Oct 6 2013

You have to find Galaxy Quest, Its the greatest parody of Star Trek. I’ve even been to the state park in Utah where the rock people were filmed.

Oct 6 2013

Make ’em laugh, make ’em laugh. Don’t you know that the world loves to laugh?

Or are you too young to know that song?

You are too young, though, to kiss someone’s ass, so don’t let some humor-less reader change you.

Take a page from FB: if someone doesn’t like what you say, he/she can choose to not read your blog; there’s no call for hassling you.

You know what? I’m offended by whoever you offended … Is that person going to change because I took offense? Ridiculous!!

4. Oct 6 2013

If you offend someone that’s THEIR personal problem. You can’t please everyone and you shouldn’t try. My youngest was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor encroaching on her brain stem. When the doctors told her anytime now, she balked, ranted and raged, “I haven’t even started to live my life yet!” She wasn’t married, no children, and still in college.

My advice to her was the same. “Life isn’t fair. You have every right to rant, but don’t forget to live whatever life you have.” That was two years ago and she hasn’t forgotten.

This blog is YOUR forum to say what you like. IF some people are offended they don’t have to come back.
    I got an email from someone asking me if I was all right, Barb. (grinning) Because my comments weren’t made on a couple of your blogs. Sometimes I don’t comment but I read every blog you post. Hugs, honey. Shake it off. You are doing fine when you can attract an audience older and younger than you.

5. rudy dankwort
    Oct 6 2013

Amy, tell people what an admittedly risque comedienne said to her audience at the beginning of her show: “if I offend you, please tell your friends”! 🙂

• Oct 6 2013

HAHA, that’s good!!

6. Oct 6 2013

Try harder – it is very difficult to really offend especially bloggers people! /John A.

• Oct 6 2013

That sounds like a challenge. 🙂

7. Brooke F.
    Oct 6 2013

Much love, Amy! Can’t tell you how “over” being politically correct, I am. I don’t wanna use my crappy life circumstances as an opportunity to be hellacious and mean to others. (One of my best friends just told me today that I was being bitchy…she was right. Thankful for best friends that tell you how it is.) Anyway, I don’t think you have done that, Amy. You are not mean, you are hurt. And, like you said, you have every right in the world to be hurt. You have been ONLY encouraging to everyone who crosses your blog’s path. Like I said, much love to you.

• Oct 6 2013

Thank you Brooke! 🙂

8. Say what you need to. There’s always someone out there that’s going to take offense, so there’s no use in trying to please everyone.
    I love your blog just the way it is. 🙂

9. Oct 7 2013

Amy, you and everyone else, are entitled to express feelings, thoughts, opinions. I do believe it is called freedom of speech. I would take your honesty any day over politically correct, nice, nice folks who don’t tell you what they really think, then stab you in the back when you turn around. Love your sick humor!!!

• Oct 7 2013

Haha, thank you!!

Oct 7 2013

Yes, people are allowed to express their opinions, but Amy is in no way obliged to allow them to do it on her page. For example, if I were to write an opinion piece and submit it to my local paper, the paper doesn’t have to print it. Freedom of speech means that the newspaper can print what its owners want, as long as it’s not libelous. The offended can stand on a corner in Pittsburg and criticize whatever he/she likes, but Amy doesn’t have to provide the forum.

11. Brittany
    Oct 7 2013

You are among understanding friends, Amy! Your blog is a perfectly acceptable arena for those of us who know where you are coming from, besides all that I can tell you I laugh a lot reading your smart, funny, irreverent, insightful, innocuous, infectious, informative blog. I love alliteraion!

• Oct 8 2013