January 2, 2014

Some Anger Followed by Some Laughter

A message for neurosurgeons.  Do you people who operate on the brain think that you’re saving lives?  You’re not.  I know several of my neurosurgeon’s patients, therefore I know several people who he prevented from dying.  I am not aware of a single life that he saved.

catkill

I wish I had minions…………….

minions

Remember the movie The Dark Crystal?

fizzgig

Someone told me this joke yesterday and I think it’s hilarious so I thought to myself….. “Self, you should tell this joke to all your blog friend people”…..

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs.  Now we have no Cash, no Hope, and no Jobs.  Please don’t let Kevin Bacon die.

Read more from Brain stuff, Recovery
  1. Jan 2 2014

Love the joke!! still laughing.

Personally, I’d like just a valet; Tom’s getting tired of the job.

• Jan 2 2014

My mother chauffeured me around for about a year and a half and let’s just say I was ECSTATIC when I could drive myself again.

2. Jan 2 2014

Great joke! I needed a laugh after thinking about the butcher otherwise known as my neurosurgeon who most certainly did not save my life. I wasn’t even dying.

• Jan 2 2014

I guess I was, I was dying but that surgery MOST DEFINITELY did not save my life.

3. Jan 2 2014

There are a lot of morons in the Neuro community. I saw more mds with a neuro-as the first part of their title that were completely useless.. and down right dangerous, BUT……my neurosurgeon is a genius….and he SAVED my life, when no other doctor was willing to. I am forever grateful for him. If it was not for him, there is no way I would be holding my precious baby boy right now. If anyone needs a world class surgeon, Dr. Spetzler @ Barrow’s in Phoenix is the man!!

• Jan 2 2014

Congratulations Elizabeth! 🙂

• Jan 3 2014

Ditto for me – congratulations! When was he born? My daughter’s birthday is in late December and she has always felt cheated because of the holidays. Hopefully he squeaked in before Thanksgiving.

• Jan 3 2014

Thank you!!! I’m guessing he won’t be so thrilled with his 12/23 birthday, but that’s when he arrived. We’re just happy everything went smoothly and both he and I are healthy.

• oc1dean
            Jan 3 2014

My daughters is 12/26 but we always made sure to have separate celebrations and present opening ceremonies. I do comingle the presents in the same shipping box now but they are wrapped in the correct paper.

• Yadira
            Jan 3 2014

Congratulations Elizabeth! My mom b-day is 12/23 as well.

• Lori Knowles
      Jan 3 2014

Congrats Elizabeth!
      You’re the first stroke-survivor that I’ve known to have a baby after wards. I wish much happiness to you and your family and just as much restfulness to you – I know that you will need it!

4. Jan 2 2014

Cute joke, but I’m allergic to pork so he can die. I’ve actually got a great neurologist and my husband has a world renowned neuroendocrinologist and neurosurgeon. While my neuro didn’t save my life, she’s a great listener and still opened to learning after being in practice for twenty years.

• Jan 2 2014

Allergic to pork???? So are schnauzers. I’m not allowed to feed my dog pork.

• Jan 3 2014

Why? My cats are okay with pork.

• Jan 3 2014

Yeah I think what Jo said is right. I used to date a vet and I gave Cassie a piece of pork chop and he freaked out and lectured me that I can never give her pork.

• Jan 3 2014

Yep, I’m allergic to pork. I break out in hives and get migraines even with the smallest amount ingested. Yes, I read all labels too. At least I’m not as bad as my youngest daughter with this allergy…she can’t even touch the stuff without breaking out in hives. If she ingests it, she has trouble breathing.

In schnazuers, I believe it is the fat content that they can’t digest. It cause gastic distress (gasiness and diarrhea).

• Jan 2 2014

By the way, I’ve compared myself to my schnauzer many times. Think nothing of it.

• Jan 2 2014

as I said earlier, it’s a good joke. I’m not allergic to pork, but bacon is number one on my “do not eat” list. or maybe hot dogs are number one and bacon is number two.

• Jan 2 2014

Hmm yeah I would say hot dogs win that battle.

• Jan 3 2014

Barb, could be the fat, salt and nitrate factors.

Jan 3 2014

Yes. For hot dogs, it’s the fact that the FDA allows small number of rat hairs in them. How can I possibly eat something that has been over-run by rats. Avoiding bacon is because of its fat content; butter is ok, but I don’t butter anything that most people butter ( bread, toast, corn, lobster, etc) in order to avoid the fat. I love cheese, but its fat:protein ratio just doesn’t justify it nutritionally to me.

Sent from my iPhone

• Jan 3 2014

Are you serious? I can’t believe that there even exists an allowable number of rat hairs. Oh my god.

Jan 3 2014

Actually lots of foods are allowed rat hair, maggots, etc. you can read the details in the FDA publication about “food Defects levels.” But you may never eat anything else again

• Jan 4 2014

Barb, I hate to tell you this by all foods processed under the FDA allow a certain percentage of all those things and much much more that’s why I grow my own. It’s just scary!

Jan 3 2014

Was there no Jacob Toilet Paper to be found?

• Jan 3 2014

Do people that don’t have cats think that these stupid cat videos are as hilarious as cat people?

• Jan 4 2014

That cat knew exactly what he was doing. Mine ends up on the floor three rooms away or in the commode.

Jan 3 2014

No, we don’t think they are as funny as cat people… Cat people are WAY funnier!